UK Medical Advice

Get a Free Quote Now

The information on this page is aimed to give you the knowledge you need when first arriving in a country. We know it can be difficult when you first arrive in a country you have never visited or lived in. This information aims to help that process and help you to decide what type of UK expatriate health insurance is right for you. Our knowledgeable consultants can also help you to decide.

The British Government strongly advises you to take out adequate insurance cover before travelling to Britain. We can help to advise you on what UK expatriate health insurance to take out.

Overseas visitors who become ill while in Britain are only eligible for free emergency treatment in the Accident and Emergency departments of National Health Service hospitals. If you are admitted to hospital as an in-patient, even from an accident and emergency department, or referred to an out-patient clinic, you will be asked to pay unless:

  • you are in receipt of a UK state retirement pension;
  • you are a national or resident of the European Economic Area;
  • you are a refugee or stateless person living in the European Economic Area or the dependant or survivor of such a person, regardless of your own nationality.       

This highlights the need for UK expatriate health insurance for people visiting the country. As international medical brokers we can give you impartial and confidential advice on what levels of cover you would need dependent on what destination you are moving or going on holiday to.

Please contact us for information or a quote on UK expatriate health insurance.